Here’s Our Top 7 Style IGers - The International Edition

BY NIAMH GIBSON

With borders closed for the foreseeable future, is stalking international style icons on IG, 2021’s version of escapism?

Rectangle 39.png

15 SEP - 2021

If there’s one thing I feel is wearing thin, it’s a perfectly curated social media image.

When it comes to Instagram, I’ve realized I'm drawn to people who lead interesting lives outside of traditional ‘fashion blogging’; their content just becomes part of the collateral.

In light of all that, I've rounded up 7 IG accounts that I look to for style advice. My ‘saved’ folder on IG is probably 90% made up of the accounts listed below (leaving the other 10% for a healthy dose of memes and food).

I’ve been following all but one of these accounts for years (Parisians in Paris was a great lockdown discovery). From Tibi founder and designer Amy Smilovic to Sarah Harris, the Deputy Editor of British Vogue, to the well-loved and ever predictable Rosie Huntington-Whitley (when is Rosie not featured on one of these roundups?). While each has a slightly different online persona, they all have one thing in common, and that's great taste.

Rectangle 25.png

@giorgiatordini

Rectangle 38.png

@rosiehw

Rectangle 25.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

Amy Smilovic

Founder and Creative Director at Tibi, Amy’s IG has covered off just about any styling question that has ever crossed my mind; from colours to cuts to playing with different proportions. She breaks it down to make it digestible for even those who aren’t so ‘fashion savvy’. Use this as your styling bible, for modern-day Lauren Hutton dressing. Thank me later.

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

@amysmilovic

Rosie Huntington-Whitley

What’s one of these lists without Rosie? I'm yet to see something that she’s worn that I wouldn't. She encapsulates the epitome of good taste, refined and classic. Rosie has a way of mixing high and low price point pieces to perfection.

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

@rosiehw

Sarah Harris

Deputy Editor of British Vogue, Sarah has built an incredibly impressive career off her impeccable taste. I love how she mixes leisurewear with dressier pieces. Also, the long silver hair, so chic.

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

@sarahharris

Hailey Bieber

Whilst I’m sure Hailey’s Stylist Maeve Reilly has a lot to answer for when it comes to her effortless ‘model off duty’ vibe, she just carries everything so well. Hailey has a way of making pieces look chill, classic and elevated.

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

@haileybieber

Gabriele Hackworthy

Enlisted as Editorial Fashion Director for some of the world's biggest brands, magazines, and retailers, Australian-born Hackworthy has the perfectly chill Aussie vibe - with a London twist. Gabriele breaks down her outfits and shows pieces worn in a number of ways, plus, she has a shoe collection to DIE for!

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

@gabrielehackworthy

Parisiens in Paris

Parisisians just doing what they do best. No explanation is needed, just check it out.

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

@parisiensinparis

Giorgia Tordini

Co-founder of The Attico, Giorgia mixes colour and proportions SO WELL. She lives in bright heels, which of course, comes with the territory. Her posts make me want to pull my heels out of the bottom of my wardrobe where they are gathering dust, haven't quite got there yet though… one day?

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

@giorgiatordini

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

6d5b79696bd52fa264a733f30d5b73c4 1.png

RELATED STORIES

Rectangle 29.png

 

GIVEAWAY

Indie_Axiology Giveaway-min.jpg

GIVEAWAY

Axiology

This month, we’ve teamed up with Indie Beauty to give away an Axiology Beauty set of 2 Lipsticks, 2 Balmies, and an Axiology Make-up Bag worth $158. Putting 'Bunnies before Profits,' Axiology is made with organic botanical oils and butter to keep your skin hydrated and nourished.

Sign up to our e-newsletter to be in the chance to win!